• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Searching Archives

VictorLouis

I am new to the net, w/TFL being my first bullet.board, so forgive me if this sounds simple. Topics come up, after search, in blocks of forty 1-40, 41-80, etc. After selecting/reading a topic within a block, there does not seem to be a way to get back to that block and read the next one of interest. I had to note the fact that there was more than one topic within the block, and then I went back through the search mode again and again to be able to access each one. ?????

Mal H

Staff
The "Back" button works fine for this. With Internet Explorer, there is a small arrow next to the Back button which you use to go back to a specific page. Not sure about Netscape.

Another option is to open the selection in a new window. Usually this is done by doing a right-click on the selection. Then select "Open in new window" from the little pop-up menu. After you're through with that window, simply close it and you're back at the original list. The advantage of this method is that, depending on your browser and other factors, the Back method may have to reload the original list screen. Also, with the "Open new" method you can have any number of windows opened if you need to reference more than one at a time.

VictorLouis

Rich: Gee Whiz! Thanks. Mal: I'm on M-soft
Explorer, and I couldn't quite figure out what you are describing. But the Back arrow is good enough.