Scout Rifle Optics?

TraderJack

Well, I'm really disappointed... This thread has been open for over an hour and a half, had 32 views and not one comment... Guess I'm in the wrong forum...
Mods, you can delete/close this thread... I'm going to unsubscribe from it...
Guess I'll see you folks on the other side...

Last edited:

bamaranger

Leupold

My Savage wears a Leupold IER scout scope w/ lever detach rings. I had the scope back to Leuupold and a German #1 reticle, big and coarse, installed.

I am satisfied w/ the arrangement. I may give up a slight degree of precision, but feel I gained a good bit of speed. The big black picket post appears in your field of view and you paste it on the target and shoot. It is worlds more visible than the std duplex I started with. The 2.75x magnification is superior to iron sights for shooting at longer distances. The Leu is very bright and extends shooting time for game noticeably. It is way ahead of irons, but likely not the equal of say conventional fixed 4x for shootng past 200 yds. But that is fine, as the scout is not a precision rifle, but a GP rifle.

TX Hunter

Trader Jack

I think Leupold and Burris make good IER Scopes. Sorry it took so long to reply, but checking your threads for a response is what makes a message board so fun, for instant gradification a chat line would be better. LOL