Scored on PA buck with handgun

Steve in PA

Scored on a nice 8-point buck last week using one of my handguns. T/C Contender in 7-30 Waters with handloaded Hornady 139g SST’s

59iMtZnb.jpg

Last edited:

mete

Very nice ! :D

There was a 14 pt around my friends place in Pike Co but some SOB took it before the season opened !!

Steve in PA

Dang! My original photo was huge!!!!

The bullet worked great. I did not recover it, but I'm happy. I took a doe a couple of years ago using the same handgun, but I was using Nosler 120BT bullets. I wanted a little heavier bullet because I was also hunting bear.

0iYnSNKb.jpg

bamaranger

well done

NIce buck Steve! I also got a kick out of seeing the birch trees in the background.....been along time since I've seen some of those.

May I ask what county you were hunting???

Steve in PA

I was hunting up on state game lands in Luzerne County, PA. Up in the northeastern part of the state, on a mountain top. Lots of swamps, thick scrubs, some open woods, etc. This buck came out of a thick area, right across from a drained swamp.

My motley hunting crew! ;) LOL!
8pAbDnkb.jpg

Sweet!

I was put in a particular awkward position a week ago, where I drew my carry Glock because I couldn't rotate my body to shoot my rifle. The doe was about 15 yards away and all I could see was it's ears as the rest of it's body was on a trail below a draw. It bolted before I could get a one handed shot.

Would have liked to see how my Corbon PowRball would have done...

ammo.crafter

7x30

Excellent!

I use the same Contender setup in the Waters. I find that round extremely accurate.

If you reload, try Barnes 140gr TTSX.

BIGR

Nice pictures of the hunting crew, Steve. We all have them generally if we are in a hunting club or at a hunting camp.