Scored At The Pawn Shop

mk70ss

Haven’t been to this pawn shop in awhile and went today. Bought this Ruger P89 9mm with box, papers, and three mags for $300 out the door.

Wag

I have one of those. Great shooter.

Also, heavy enough that it doesn't recoil very hard so it's also great for teaching new shooters.

--Wag--

priell3

Nice find.

I have a P95 myself.

IMG-20231213-063253.jpg

Last edited:

hammie

@mk70: Why does this never happen to me? The "P" series were some of the best guns Ruger made. Anyway, enjoy your P89!

JohnKSa

Administrator
Keep the slide rails lubricated with some light grease--maybe some white lithium grease.

Very sturdy gun. I have one that likes steel cased ammo.

44 AMP

Staff
While I generally like a lot of what Ruger has made, I've never been a fan of their center fire semi auto pistols.

The ones I've used (and there have been several) have all been rugged, reliable, dependable, accurate enough, or better, and have all the beauty and appeal to me of a mud fence. Charm isn't everything, of course, performance is, but when I can find both in the same package that's what I keep.

How is the trigger pull on yours? I'm hoping you got the exception I never found. Every P89 I ever handled had a serious stacking issue. Literally, the further back the trigger was pulled, the heavier it got, while I never got to measure one, they felt pounds heavier.

The P90 (.45) I got to use didn't have that issue.

The Ruger P series are good guns in nearly every way that matters, just not my personal preference. Enjoy yours, I expect it will give you fine service.

Hdonly

Got my P89 years ago for doing a complete brake job on a friends MGB roadster.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P89-3.jpg
    P89-3.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: