Scored a G30 yesterday...

Sarge

...from Summit Gun Broker. It was essentially new with no firing wear at all visible on the barrel- none. The little porker runs and shoots real well. It grouped about 2 1/2" at 25 yards with Tula and it put three 230 Golden Sabers in just under an inch and a half at that distance, from 'lawn chair rest' LOL. Only problem is that it shots about 6" high at 25 yards. No biggie as it was slated for sight work anyhow.

G30_1_zpsf70e2918.jpg

You folks know I can't abide guns that don't shoot where they look. I dug around in my box of old Glock parts and came up with a dim old steel rear night sight that came off a G23. Now Glock and everybody else will tell you that a 30 won't zero with the rear sight intended for a 22/23/etc. but this one did... 5 rounds of Tula 230 FMJ at 25 yards. I'll add a new stock height night sight up front PDQ.

G30_25_Zero_zps2e1fa137.jpg

happy-happy-happy-phil-robertson-vemmlgw3.png

lyodbraun

Congrats nice shooting... Gotta love the that small G30, it's my EDC, put close to 5000 rounds thru it with out one problem....

Bart Noir

I certainly like my G30(S) which, as you all know, has the slim slide of the G36.

It fits me just right, points just right, handles recoil just right. I am very impressed, and proceeded to buy Henie Straight-8 night sights and the tool to install them.

But one thing I didn't expect. Whenever a bullet is stripped out of the magazine by the fast-moving slide, it pulls the magazine up and pinches my soft tender little pinky finger. Well, it did pinch. When I put on the Pearce Grip magazine bottom (no real added extension to the length except for the little finger groove, and it still holds only the 10 rounds) it gave a deeper and less slippery finger groove for my pinky.

So it no longer pinches, and all my G30 magazines have that Pearce Grip product on them. I highly recommend this:

Pearce Pinky Protector

Bart Noir

Sarge

I looked at the 30s and it the ultimate evolution of the G30 for concealment. Would have bought one, but I still handgun hunt and I wanted the 45 Super/460 option.