• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Scopes/optics thread

Bluecthomas

Is there a section specifically for scope and other optics?

I've got my 1st high power scope recently and just got out for high yardage shooting the other day and I got some questions for those more experienced with real scopes.

If somebody can direct me to the right area, it would be appreciated.

Evan Thomas

For questions about the actual hardware -- comparisons between models, and the like -- the Gear and Accessories forum is your best bet.

For questions about use, the General Rifle forum is fine, and I notice you've started a thread there titled "Scopes and windage." All good. :)

Bluecthomas

Yes, I had been directed where and went ahead and did.

Is there a way for op to close thread once it's achieved it's goal?

And thanks.

Berserker

I have always been against closing threads. What is the point? Don't want to watch change the channel.

With Google and search functions threads live forever. To me it is more clutter to start a thread, and repeat it all.

I think it is great to ask did you fix it, do you still like it, or I had same problem. Don't want to reply dont.

But I have done research for something and found threads that could use more info for next guy. Not going to start a thread just to say if you take this screw it first, or such. But I will comment, and hope it helps someone in 10 years.

These threads are to help people.

Mal H

Staff
Is there a way for op to close thread once it's achieved it's goal?
No. In general we leave threads open for any future discussion on the topic. Of course, we don't necessarily like them resurrected years later, but sometimes even that is necessary.

However, if an OP does want his or her thread closed for a good reason, either PM one of the forum moderators or report it (press this button:
report.gif
) asking to have it closed.

Berserker

I am surprised there is not a optics forum. You want to research glass, you don't want to read about everything else. Maybe this is not where people come for that. Maybe a long range forum is, or hunting. Seems like hunting is not big topic here. Maybe just odd time of year.

Berserker

Why does it bother you, when resurrected?

You could start a thread tomorrow and people will still reply to page 1, when there are 5. Their time to waste if problem solved.

Would be cool if there was a symbol indicating old thread. But not like it is a burdon to type.

Mal H

Staff
Would be cool if there was a symbol indicating old thread.
There is a notice explaining that the thread you are about to post in is over 30 days old. You have to check off a box saying you are aware that it is an old thread.