Scopes--Leupold VX-2 vs Burris Fullfield 2 vs Weaver Variables

I've been playing musical scopes lately--between my old rifles---my new rifles and the one on lay-a-way.

Anyway- I now need to buy at least 2 new scopes and maybe a third--depending if I decide to use the 3x9x50 monster I currently own.

All my current scopes are Leupold Vari-X II's-----Seems like that line is being replaced by the VX-II line---which is more money---so now I'm considering my options.

Do I just go ahead and spend the money for a VX-II?

I looked through a Burris Fullfield II---seemed ok in the store---the warranty--and price are right----and they moved the adjustment turrets to the center---so now they are an option (main reason I never bought a Burris before).

Any opinions or experience with Burris Fullfields?

I looked through a Weaver 3x9x38---seemed nice and clear---in the store at least---the price is a lot less than the others---not thinking they have as good a warranty as Leupold and Burris---made in Japan-not in the US-like the other 2.

Any opinions or experience with the newer Weaver variables?

Thanks for any help.

OBG

Tracer

I am not answering the question you are asking,and for that ,I apologize.I must plug the Nikon series,as I have had wonderful luck with them.Have a LOOK,if you get the chance.
Tracer

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I don't know if it will affect quality, but Blount Industries (owner of Weaver) has sold it and RCBS, etc., or was sold or something. There are now new owners involved. However, I know there have been efforts to upgrade all Weaver scopes. I have a V3 and like it.

I have two Vari-X II 3x9s; both are around 30 years old. A 2x7 is 20 years old. As near as I can tell, they're as good as new. For hunting scopes, the lack of a click-adjustment is meaningless. The lines on the adjustment knobs are 1/2-minute, but I can always do a 1/2-space adjustment if necessary for "perfection".

So I'm halfway thinking about picking up a couple of Vari-X IIs at "closeout", if it ain't too late...

:), Art

Swamp Yankee

Visit www.bearbasin.com

They have a closeout going on Bausch and Lomb Elite 3000 series 3X9 for $149. IMO this line of B&L is equal to and probably superior to the Leupold Vari XII, and I own both. B&L has a lifetime warranty, and they are offering a use it for one year and return it for a full refund if you don't like it unconditional warranty. I have purchased a couple of these as I said and am currently kicking myself in the seat of the pants for not grabbing a 5X15 when they were available.

IIRC Weaver's are offered with a limited lifetime warranty as well. Do not know anyone with one, nor have I seen any up close and personal.

Can't fault you for grabbing another Leupold as their great too.

Take Care

ed mason

Swamp yankee is telling you right.I love leupold scopes but at $149 these are a bargain.they are truly superior to the vari x 2
line of scopes.