Scope Rings

C7AR15

Got to get some new scope rings 1" Dia.

I have used Weavers for years but I am looking to get something nicer looking to go with this rifle/ scope combo.

Any suggestions, for Best looking or Most solid grip or Best value for your money.

What works and what to stay away from ???

Any info appreciated, thanks. JD

What base(s) are you using?
What is your budget?
What is the rifle, caliber, and scope combo?

Need to know this info to be able to provide rings that are suitable for your application.

PS

hoghunting

Burris Signature rings with the polymer inserts, you don't have to lap the rings, won't scratch your scope and will hold the scope while preventing movement. They also align the scope to the barrel. Available in turn-in and Weaver type rings.

C7AR15

Got some Leupolds

I went out and spent the money and got some Leupold rings $70 - fits weaver bases.
Much easier to level the scope, but over 2X price of weavers.

Gun: Weatherby Vanguard 2, in .243 with a Bushnell 3200 Elite 4x-12x

What scope rings do you like and for what reason ???

Doyle

I'm not a fan of weaver-style bases. I think you can do better. On my hunting rifles that have iron sights, I use Leupold QD rings and bases. That way, if my scope gets damaged in the field I can pop it off and continue the hunt. My latest scope mount that I just finished was done with a DNZ one piece ring/base mount. So far, I'm liking that. One less connection to come loose.

geetarman

I have used Leupold bases and rings on a couple of Remington 700BDL rifles.

I have been using Warne QD rings on all the rifles on which I have installed picatinny rails.

The Leopold base and rings are rock solid. The P rails on my other rifles makes scope switching a snap.

Last edited:

Fusion

I also like the Burris Signature Zee rings with the inserts. They are my favorite rings under $100.

C7AR15

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the ideas,

The Burris Signature Zee rings look quite interesting. Seems most people like them. and they adjust for out of alignment wonkiness.

Going to find em and try them!!! Thanks JD

Cowboy_mo

If they make them for your rifle - Talley 1 pc ring and base

I have 2 sets of the Talley combination Base/rings and love them. I have one set on a Weatherby Vanguard .270 (completely replace the rings & Weaver style bases that came on the rifle). The second set is on a Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary.

They are made of 1 piece of aircraft aluminum making them light, attractive, and very functional. Each set ran 30-35 dollars which is about the same price as good Weaver bases and then good rings to mount on them.

I never really had a problem with Weaver bases. I don't really like the Weaver rings as I have had problems leveling the scope mounted on them since they only have screws on 1 side which makes holding the scope level a pain while tightening the screws.

bamaranger

another vote for Burris Z's, unless........

Years ago, I suppose all I had on my assorted small collection of scoped rifles were Weavers....and I watched that big main knob on them change size over the years as well. Honestly, I think they are ugly, and I also find them hard to tighten consitently and always seem to get canted scopes, and have to reset everything.

I still have two pairs, marked "USA" on older rifles with sentimental value, my Dad and Granddad put'em there, so there they'll stay.

But on nearly everything else, I've gone with Burris Z's. I also have a couple pair of Burris XTR's, which are not the best tac-rings....but affordable and have the right look, and seem to be working fine.

Finally, I have two Mannlicher stocked rifles, which are going to have to eventually get a set of the top fastening, Euro looking Talley's to " lookright" in my mind. Currently the two mannlicher styles are running what may be budget Leupolds, which came on the rifles.