Scope Rings

warbirdlover

I'm extremely disappointed in the scope rings I've bought lately for my Ruger Mk II. I needed high rings for my Meuller 4-16 X 50AO scope and the first pair were Millett's. What I didn't like is the adjusting screws on both sides that make it a bear to get centered and lined up. Then when I tighted the front one up it tilted slightly forward and I didn't catch it. Put a little dent in my scope but the scope is okay. I threw them in the garbage.

I just got a pair of Redfield Ruger Rings and they have the same dang setup! But they seem to be easier to line up.

I know..... I should have just bought a pair of Ruger high rings but check out the price on them and you'll see why I didn't.

I'm not sure how the Leupold rings for the Ruger are but at this point I'm going to hope the Redfield work.

Someone in here commented on how bad the Ruger ring mount setup was and I didn't know why. Now I know why. They have a radiused "slot" in the middle of the top of the action for a radiused thing on the rings. If you don't get the two side screws right it wants to lift the ring up. The Ruger rings only have one screw so to do it right you almost have to buy their rings.

Rant over.....

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Been using Weavers since 1950; never a problem.

I like the horizontal adjustment on a rear mount. I just center the crosshairs in the scope and boresight while mounting it. Piece of cake. Puts the horizontal adjustment near the center. And deals with any "oddness" in the alignment of the screw-holes in a receiver. I just wish they'd thought about that forty or fifty years ago. :) I know Jeff Cooper was griping about the lack, some 25 or 30 years ago...

jmr40

I like Weavers just fine, but don't think they make anything for a Ruger. Never had a problem with Ruger rings. I'd just buy a set of factory high rings.

pbrktrt

Ruger will do a one time swap on rings if you call customer service to set it up. Cost is a phone call and postage one way.

Norrick

I don't like ruger rings because they cut into the scope pretty bad. The edges that is. I don't know if they warp slightly when heat treated, but I've never found a pair that sat perfectly flush with the scope tube... and they are HARD alloy too, very difficult to lap.

I was in your position and I went with ruger factory rings ONLY because Leupold didn't make a nickel or stainless for my setup.

Fusion

Burris Signature Zee rings. They are by far the best I've found under $100. I've used Leupold rings and like them, but the aren't near as nice as the Burris Signature Zee rings. Another good choice is Warne, but I'm not sure if they make any for the Ruger base setup.