Scope ring advice for a CZ 452 American.

Hunter2678

Just got one heckuva deal on a never fired 452 in 22lr. Wondering about what rings are gonna fit on this little gem. I know CZ just recently put out some new factory rings for this gun finally, however they are, from what I've seen considered "high rings" and with the 452s tapered barrel, the 35-40 mm scopes look too high on the gun for my tastes.

Anyone got any suggestions for a decent, attractive set of medium height, 1 inch rings that wont break the bank..i.e. $ 50.00 USD or below.?

thinkingman

See if you can find current info for BKL's...last time i bought from them was 4-5yrs ago and not sure what their status is now.
Nice setup for a 452 American or Varmint.

Poodleshooter

As I understand it,the problem with 452s and lower rings typically isn't the objective/barrel, it's that the bolt hits the ocular when rings are lower.

That said, BKLs or the Warne .22 rings are nice rings that I've not had any trouble with.

Pahoo

A big factor, is whether you have a 452-Lux with the european stock or the American. For my Lux, I got a set of Millets and they worked and looked great. That is for the 11mm base. On the American, My understanding is that any ring will fit as long and you can clear the scope bell, as Poodleshooter has stated. Which model do you have. These are great shooters. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Hunter2678

I have the American 22lr with the tapered barrel, not the straight bull style. I"ll check out the Warnes and BKL.s

Im seeing the warnes...they look good

The bkls website is even better looking IMO but theyre only offering the high rings...I think something .5 to .57 in height would work the best for me..

Last edited:

hoghunting

I mounted a 3-9X40 on my buddy's 452 American and used the Burris rimfire Signature rings in Medium height. Cleared the objective and the bolt handle, and the fit was much better than the Warnes I tried.

johnbt

Come to think of it, I believe I had those Burris rings on my 452 American for a little while, but then I put them on a Cooper.

SVO

I have a 452 Varmint in .17 HMR with the bull barrel. I used an old set of Redfield rimfire rings with a Leopold 4x12-40mm scope. With the low rings, the objective bell just barely clears the barrel. No problem with the bolt hitting the scope.