Scope reticle questions

Deerhunter264

I have a browning xbolt .243. I am going to get the burris fulfield 2 4.5-14, but i dont know whta reticle to get if i should get a fine plex or normal plex? I will be doing deer hunting and some varmints hunting with it.:eek:

kametc

Try the Ballistic plex, it has those hanging crosshairs. Then you can zero the scope at 200 yds and have a crosshair for 300 & 400 as well. Other wise get the normal one. It would be better for deer hunting.:)

Ken

blketer66

I don't have an answer about your scope question; I was just curious where you found your x-bolt and how much, if you don't mind me asking.

Medicineman

Seriously just get the normal reticle, so you can see the thing very clearly in all conditions, and have faster, reliable target aquisition that you need for shots at deer. And use your boots and skill instead of neato plex to make 400 yd shots into 200 yd shots or better. I'm using the standard on a .243 to make 200 yd shots on prarie dogs with good results so no the standard reticle won't rule your rifle out for varmiting. 'Course if your using more for varmiting and less for deer then Ok, maybe something different. Just my 2 cents.

sneaky pete

??Anyone out there remember the "KISS PRINCIPLE"??

Sneaky Pete here: All the fancy bells and whistles are really Kool--BUT There's nothing like keeping it simple. It seems to me that you should choose your scope to facilitate your most difficult shooting situations ie: Light conditions and target visibility. A prarie rat sitting on a bunker at 350yds isn't in the sme as a 10 point trophy buck early morning in light cover. you pick.--I remember spotting for 8' howitzers in The NAM with my 7x50 bino's w/mil-dot redicle and most of the targets were of the prarie rat situation and the mil-dots were handy BUT.. THANX--SNEAKY

ndking1126

I just purchased that exact scope in Ballistics Plex. The crosshairs are pretty skinny (fine?). I highly recommend it. So clear and so much light gets through.

kametc

Remember, it's your scope not our scope and there is not 10 cents difference in cost of the different reticles. (not usually anyway) Be sure to get the one you want.

Ken