Scope Recommendation CZ 527 .223

baddarryl

Hi all. I just picked up this beautiful rifle that I had on layaway. Mostly this rifle will be used for punching paper 100-600 yards. They only other use may be Coyotes, but I would need decent target acquisition as well. I am thinking Leupold simply because of their warranty, reputation, and USA made. I know I know, but my family is part Czech!

Last edited:

surveyor

On my 527's I use this scope base https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585&CAT=4268 It is also availible in 25 moa as well.
This opens up a better selection of ring heights to me than the cz rings.

My 223 varmint has a fixed 4x leupold target dot, the 6 mongoose has a 8x32x56 sightRon s iii on it.
As long as you have clearance under the eyepiece of the scope you are good.

They are a very nice mini mauser action with a sweet single set trigger, and worthy of good glass.
You'll enjoy shooting it.

But the cz rings also work.

Last edited:

Scorch

As surveyor said, the CZ 527 is a nice rifle. For the stated use, I would put a Leupold 2.5-8 on the rifle. Good for hunting and will work well enough for range work.

cpt-t

baddarryl: I shoot a CZ 527 Varminter in both a 223 and a 17 Rem. I have a Bushnell 4200 Elite in 6 X 24 - 40 on the 223 and a Bushnell 4200 Elite in 8 X 32 - 40 on the 17 Rem. I shoot a lot of Prairie Dogs, Ground Hogs, Rock Chucks, Coyotes and Paper Targets with both rifles. And I like both of these scopes very well. Good luck with Your new rifle.
ken

baddarryl

surveyor

On my 527's I use this scope base https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail...33585&CAT=4268 It is also availible in 25 moa as well.
This opens up a better selection of ring heights to me than the cz rings.

I saw a another page where a guy did a really good job of explaining eye relief problems with the shortness of the mini action and found that the fixed scopes such as the Leupold FX really work best. With that base that you recommend allow me to open up to other options? The more I am reading for my purposes using this mostly as an Appleseed KD rifle I am thinking a 4 power fixed scope might be best anyway.

Last edited:
I use the diproducts base on my 527 with a Leupold VX.R 1.25-4x scope with German #4 reticle and it works extremely well. Light, fast handling and fast target acquisition.

surveyor

I mainly have it fixed 4x because
1)I found a good deal on it used
2 it was a far superior scope than the one it replaced.
3) use for this rifle is mainly for the wife to shoot 100 yds
4) originally it came with a 40 mm scope in cz high rings I wanted more adjustability on ring positions and a lower mount, I had a box of different size weaver rings as well.

some other scopes I tried before this had clearance issues for the bolt under the eyepiece.

the cz rings work, but I was looking for something different.

the 8x32x56 well, that one is not limited to 100 yds.

Last edited:

m&p45acp10+1

If you go with a large scope be sure to get taller mounts for the bolt handle to clear the bell lf the scope. I put a 6-24x42 on my 527 American the tallest CZ rings were just a hair bit too short. I had to use a set of see through Weaver rings for mine. Though it worked out well as I am tall with a long neck anyways.