Scope Mounts (The question I did not ask)

gbclarkson

I started a thread in October asking for advice selecting an introductory scope for a S&W M&P 15. After several helpful replies and images, I have finally decided on a Bushnell, 1-4x24 AR Optic from CTD. But, after looking at posted pictures on the thread, I began to wonder about the scope mounts. This is probably a dumb question: does it matter which scope mounts I buy? I have mounted Magpul BUS.

Thanks!!!

Geoff

Sharkbite

Burris make a pretty good and low cost 1 piece base and rings. Allows the scope to be mounted a little bit further forward then std rings mounted to the upper

I think its called the "pepr" or something like that

TexAg

Since you have the BUS, to potentially take advantage of them and occasionally practice with them I'd use a quick release version of the scope mount. I use a Larue SPR and it returns to zero very well when taken off and put back on. Look over the online stores for AR scope mounts and you'll find quite a few choices.

bfoosh006

Just don't buy the cheapest one... the rails ( On cheap mounts ) may be horribly out of spec on cheap scope mounts ( Chinese )

I have seen some really bad ones.

Poor fitting mounts are not suitable for accuracy.