Scope mounts for a Mannlicher Schoenauer

credx2

I'm looking at scope mounts for a model 56 Mannlicher Schoenauer. I have found three options the Watts Walnut two piece mounts, and the EAW mounts. The one piece side mounts wont work as I need the separate receiver front mount to cover some ugly poorly done mounting holes that will have to be filled and re-drilled and tapped. The Watts Walnut mounts are a lot cheaper than the EAW but I would pay the exorbitant price of the EAW mounts if they work better. I cant be the first guy to go down this road. The opinions of anyone who has dealt with this in the past would be greatly appreciated.

credx2

Ordered from Watts Walnut.

I ordered the Watts Walnut mounts today after making sure I could return them if they didn't work out. I spoke to Mr. Watts on the phone. Heck-of-a nice-guy. He knows his Mannlicher-Schoenaurs and spent some time with me discussing my specific gun and gave me some good advice towards my restoration project. If his product is as good as his first impression I'll be in good shape. He is now my go-to guy for the MS.

375NE

I've got genuine styre swing off mounts. biggest problem is that the distance between mounts is 163mm which excludes using most modern scopes.... like the 6x zeiss I bought specially.... doh!:mad: