Scope Mounting

LAH

What are your favorite bases & rings for the 700 Remington? I'm mounting a Sightron STAC 3-16X42 on my bulk shooter. I'd like to hear your favorite systems.

Last edited:

tangolima

I like 1-piece base. My old Rem 700 bdl has a 1-piece base and steel rings. Can't recall the exact brand.

That was installed pre picatinny. If I were to do it today, I will put a picatinny rail on it. Wouldn't mind having aluminum rings either.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

50 shooter

Polinese

One piece base from whoever ya like. I mostly use Ken Farrell, Leupold, and badger ordnance. For rings I like Badger Ordnance.

I also like Talley mounts if you're looking for a more classic look.

Quick1

I have switched all my scoped guns over to ARC M-Brace Scope Rings, they are the best I have found and make it very easy to install scopes.

stagpanther

I have switched all my scoped guns over to ARC M-Brace Scope Rings, they are the best I have found and make it very easy to install scopes.
That's what I use on my "top precision" set-ups, better yet (if you can spring the bucks) are their one-piece scope mounts. I've never had to lap them for scope tube symmetry.

44 AMP

Staff
Weaver bases and rings always worked well enough for me. Other brand's systems look more stylish, but Weavers were cheap, available everywhere gun stuff was sold, and absolutely do work.

Sarge

For bolt actions with blind magazines, I use Weaver two-piece bases with at least medium rings.

Txhillbilly

On my 30mm and what few 1" tube scopes I still have, I use Burris Signature Zee rings. Not too pricey, and they work excellent with any caliber gun.
On my 34mm and 40mm tubed scopes, I only use ARC rings on them. They are the best rings that I've ever used. Yes, they are pricey, but not compared to the $2k - $3500 scopes that set in them.

jmr40

Anything but something that requires dovetails. Especially those with windage adjustments. UNLESS you need windage adjustment due to the scope mounting holes being drilled incorrectly.

On a hunting rifle Talley Lightweights are a great choice. They are 2 piece bases with the base and lower ring made together. Reasonably priced, strong, lightweight, and easy to mount.

Two piece Weaver or Weaver style bases work well with any ring designed to fit in a cross slot. The Weavers aren't aesthetically appealing, but work and are cheap. Burris Zee rings look a lot nicer, and aren't much more expensive.

A Picatinny rail gives you the most options for scope placement and works with slot type rings.

I like to mount scopes as low as possible. A 42mm scope is right on the borderline. Low rings will work with some scopes and bases, but you may have to use medium's

taylorce1

If you're looking to save weight Talley mounts Warne Mountain Tech is the two I've used. If weight isn't a concern then I like Burris Signature Tactical rings. I've also used Weaver Quad Lock quite a bit, as they're easy to get locally without waiting on the mail or driving 100+ miles to a bigger gun shop or retailer to get.

hooligan1

My #2 son likes the DNZ Gamereaper mounts and base.. Its one piece, no lapping required, and they are solid..not terrible on price either..

stagpanther

My #2 son likes the DNZ Gamereaper mounts and base.. Its one piece, no lapping required, and they are solid..not terrible on price either..
I really like them too, put them on general purpose hunting rifles.