Scope Mount for S&W 686

Some time ago, I purchased a 686 with a 4x Leupold scope on it complete with a Leupold mount and rings. There are two problems with this set up. #1 The rings, base, and scope are blue while the gun is stainless. #2 The scope is 4x, which I think is too much magnification for a handgun scope. So, I decided to buy a new silver scope and silver base/rings. The scope is no problem but I couldn't find a silver mount. I even called Leupold with no luck. Finally I found out from Bear Basin that Leupold hasn't made this "classic" mount for years. So does anyone know any source for this base/rings or any third party making a replacement part ? Keep in mind that the gun is already drilled and tapped for a Leupold base. The mount obviously has to have a hole pattern identical to the Leupold base.

I own quite a few .357 revolvers and found having one with a scope was a nice addition to my collection. It would be nice if it looked good too.

Pappy John

Is it an aluminum base painted black or steel blued? Have you considered removing the finish to get what you want on the cheap?

JoeHatley

I'll 2nd the recomendation for Jack Weigand's hardware. I've got his setups on several of my revolvers and could not be more pleased.

Joe