Scope for 22-250

shokkazulu

I am in need of a scope for a 22-250. I am looking for something nice but not to over the top, would like to keep it around 500 or 600$. I have been looking around but was wonder if any one has any first hand experience on a nice scope.

Thanks

kayakersteve

same as scorch

I have the same exact scope as scorch on my Weatherby 22-250 and it works great - Has for at least 15 years!

garryc

PSDAN

Ther arn'e any turrets on that scope. For blasting small targets at varying ranges turrets are a God send.

crowbeaner

I'm with scorch not because of the Leupold, but the power range. I've had several 22/250s, and any more power than 12x and your heartbeat will knock the crosshairs off the tiny targets. You have to have a rock solid rest to use anything higher, and if you're going to stalk and shoot, you won't need the 12x much. I have a 4x12 on my .222 because the 6.5x24 is just too much glass. I hunt with it set on 8x, and it really does the job. I had a Bushnell Banner 3x9 with the BDC on an old M788 in 22/250 and made a 1 shot knockoff on a woodchuck at a measured 440 yards. I had the 6.5x24 on a Hart barreled Mannlicher and shot one at 500; the first one kicked dirt in his face and when he came back up to investigate the next one nailed him. The load was FC premium match prepped brass,CCI 250, 37.0 of H380, and the old Nosler Solid Base 55 grainer made before they rolled the cannelure on them. Fine crosshairs are great but you have to know the reticle subtension to make loong shots. CB.