Scope Camera

SavageSniper

Does anyone know of a scope camera or atleast a good way of mounting a small digital cam to your Rifle? I would love to have some footage of some of my hunts. Has anyone tried this? All my stands fit only one so another person is not an option.

G'day. I have looked into this a little. There are a couple of options available. One is a 'Stealth cam' setup, it clamps to the rifle/bow/helmet etc. There is also a "scope" with built in video. I'll get some more details posted later. (No time just now.)

Doyle

I've seen one advertised on TV (can't remember the brand) that has a sliding shock absorber mount that clamps to either your scope tube, rifle barrel, or bow stabilizer. The shock asorber helps steady the camera through the recoil.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I read a test in G&A of a scope which can take ten seconds of digital picture while aiming and shooting. It was field-tested in a coyote hunt. The writer was quite pleased that a review of the video showed that what he thought was a miss was actually a hit, and he went and found the coyote.

I disremember the brand name, however, so you'd have to go to G&A or do the Google thing. But it ain't cheap.