Scope base suggestion

Unconventional

Hey everyone,

After some long searching on the internet, I come to you to ask if anyone knows of a picatinny rail made of steel for short action Remington 700. I'm looking for a rail with a 20 MOA cant and slots that run the full width of the rail, not one with the groove down the length of the rail, like with Badger Ordnance. I would also prefer a recoil lug.

I'm currently using an aluminum rail and it leaves much to be desired.

I've searched a good deal and have come up empty-handed.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Unconventional

The Nightforce X-Treme duty has the milled groove down the length of the rail.

However, if I cant find what I'm looking for, it will likely be what I end up using.

Unconventional

Awesome guys, thanks for all the input.

I'll take the suggestions and think it over, though I'm strongly considering the Nightforce.

edward hogan

Try ebay for a Leupold Mk 4 one-piece picatinny rail. Bought one for a Win 70sa recently for under $50 shipped.

The Best Pic Rail made is from Near Mfg. Front & Rear recoil shoulders, fits between action bridge like a glove. Guaranteed "perfect" to .0002 tolerances.

cw308

I'm a benshrest shooter Remington 700 308 cal. I use Ken Farrell rings an base. Check them out , l read a few articles , then I gave them a call, ordered both the base & rings. Very happy. No need to bed the base, the fit is perfect.

Unconventional

So I gave Mr. Near a call and he was very helpful. He asked what action, caliber and scope I was using to make sure I would get the rail I needed.

Looks like I'll be going with the 30 MOA cant with twin recoil lugs.

Again, thank you all for the suggestions!

tobnpr

Looks like I'll be going with the 30 MOA cant with twin recoil lugs.

Heard of them but never handled one. Let us know your thoughts after you've used it.
Interesting that they're exporting from Canada into the U.S. with no U.S. distributor(s).

Unconventional

It's been a while, but for those that were interested, I've had a chance to use the new rail a little bit; it's a pretty solid piece of machining.

Mr. Near makes a fine rail. After installing it I was able to quickly re-zero without issue. I plan on shooting out to distance (600m-ish) this weekend when we'll see how that works out.

For those who are wondering, it's very much worth it to give him a call to place your order if interested. He'll make sure that you get the rail that will serve your purpose by asking just a few questions about what rifle, scope and distance you're planning for.