Scooooore... Gloat.

Doyle

I've been considering upgrading my muzzleloader from my current CVA magbolt to something more high-tech. I've been eyeing the T/C Omega Z5 at Walmart waiting for them to mark them down on clearance. Their normal price was $298. Just before Christmas, they had them down to $275. My target price was $200.

I went in this morning and they had 4 left with a clearance sticker of $225. I talked with the clerk (our Walmart has only 2 clerks that man the gun counter and they are both good guys) and told him my target price. He said "Let me see what I can do". He walked over to the floor manager and she agreed to do an instant write-down to $200.

Sweet.

I'm not going to open the plastic package yet though. I'm going to keep it and the receipt just in case some miracle happens and they mark them down below $200 (Hey, I've seen stranger things happen there). If that happens, I'll buy another one and return the one I just bought.

Servo77

I recently bought on for the $225...never even thought about trying to bargain (it being wal-mart and all). Great price either way!

fastforty

Walmart actually has a pretty good policy on that kind of thing. If you catch a manager in a good mood (iffy, I know) they can whip out their little "Customer Satisfaction" pad & write you whatever price they see fit. I've had it happen twice: Once when an item was out of stock & they substituted a better (but like) item at a similar savings & once when packaging was damaged but the item was unscathed. Keep in mind that Walmart isn't TJ, but it's always worth a try :)