Vet66

Is it a decent center console pistol?

Attachments

• sccy6.jpg
    sccy6.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Minorcan

My wife likes hers with the laser a lot. Either in her purse, car or its on the range. Its been 100% reliable with all ammo tried. The only thing she doesn't like is its a little hard for het to rack it but recoil is manageable for her.

foolzrushn

There is a SCCY forum.....

(not here on TFL) with residual SCCY haters and likers. If you haven't already looked at that forum, do so.

Some have had problems. Lifetime warranty that stays with the gun. They pay the shipping if you ask. Comes with two magazines and a trigger lock.

I have not had any big problems, but don't have a high round count through it. I have been using Perfecta brass jacketed ammo from Walmart for right at $10/50.

Atwoods is a central multi-state farm supply chain that runs sales on the SCCYs fairly regularly. If you are near one (Google them) , they will sell for around $219 out the door. That's pretty reasonable for a double stack 9mm. There are probably other chain stores that run these sales if you Google SCCYs on sale.

I put on some precut stickon 'Traction' grips for about $10 and am happy with it.

bitttorrrent

Its on my list and for that sale price mentioned above, that is nothing. I should just order one already instead of planning another expensive gun build project!

I think I just spent more today at Sportmart getting new Nike running shoes for the family and ordering out pizza!:(

Hairy Clipper

I think the jury is still out on this pistol. The SCCY forum might be a good place to do research on the likes and dislikes as well as problems experienced and the warranty repairs that have been done. http://www.sccyforum.com/

I have put about 30 rounds through mine so far and have had no functional issues. However, the front receiver pin has moved and from what I have read it is a precursor to a fractured grip frame.

I am keeping mine to see what happens. I am hoping all will be well as the way it works and the accuracy experience so far make it very easy to like!

W129

If the improvements SCCY made to the trigger for the CPX3 trickle down to the CPX2, I would buy one and trust it for more than just a car gun.

This is all based on their marketing info though, as I have not yet fondled or even seen the CPX3(.380). The pull is said to be shorter and about 6#, the CPX2 is about 10#.

For a center console gun, go for it. I prefer the SCCY over most of the budget brands. made in the USA, lifetime warranty and good customer service.

Drec

I saw a Sccy CPX2 at a Seattle area gun show yesterday for $225. I've been thinking about buying one. How hard would it be to modify the trigger?

peggysue

SCCY is better than the KelTec
My opinion as I have 3 Sccy and just one KT P-11.

Attachments

• sccy 2.jpg
    sccy 2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 18

wishn4more

KT or SCCY

I've owned Keltecs -- P40, P11 and P3AT. I have several CPX 1 & 2s. The ergonomics are much better for the SCCY in 9mm. If SCCY built a .40 on that frame it would be awesome. The P40 was brutal and the P11 uncomfortable. I did like the P3AT, but consolidated to 9mm.

For a small frame I think they are awesome. I just can't get away with carrying a CZ75 in my gym shorts...

Last edited:

rugmar

I bought one just because of the low price. Haven't had a y real problems so far. I just shoot it in the backyard sometime. Have never carried it because I have several better options.

Pahoo

Holding on point

The SCCY is a blatant copy of the Keltec P11.
With all due respect for all replies, the OP asked:
Is it a decent center console pistol?
I'm sure we can all come up with what is better, worse or whatever. Last year these were going got just about $220.00, at local shows and now they are asking $250.00 or more. My only regret is that I did not buy one, last year. I have handled them and shot them and for the intendant use, they meet my expectations. ...... :)

Be Safe !!!

Proz76

Love it!1

I have almost 1500 rounds through it and only had a couple trigger reset issues but that was very early in the round count under the 2 or 300 mark not a single issue since! just put 200 rounds though it yester day flawless!! I wish the trigger was lighter not shorter but lighter! Its my EDC its always on my side.. IMO BEST gun for your money, for the quality and warrant nothing comes close! Yes you can get better guns but you are going to pay a lot more for them! Love mine!!