SBR Picture thread-postem if ya got'um!

p99guy

imgp2356vq3.jpg

imgp2355uj7.jpg

20061014006pg4.jpg

p99guy

Its a PS90, with the CMMG inc 10.3inch barrel (1/9twist,chrome bore, 4150 ord steel) It started life as a green PS90 16 " carbine, but was sent to Homeland Defense and Police Supply for the industrial dye service(looks factory :) ) took 47 days mailbox to mailbox for my form 1/tax stamp to come back.
imgp2358rn2.jpg

p99guy

Darn cool Ar you have there Zak....I do like you choice of furniture on it too, mine has Magpul well represented also

p99guy

That is a Nice weapon....I see it has the new type of gas system, that doesnt dirty up the inside of the receiver :) Unfortunatly there is no helping that any new machine gun , or registered receiver since 1986 is a dealer sample, just the way it is at present....hense so many SBR's these days, as it the closist thing you can have/keep of the new stuff if you no longer pay a S.O.T.

HK magazine?

Last edited:

VUPDblue

I haven't got my Form1 back yet, but I couldn't wait to take a pic.:D

attachment.php

The factory16 1/8" barrel is patiently waiting in a shipping tube on my workbench, postage already affixed and addressed, for the minute the F1 hits my mailbox, so it can begin its journey to becoming a 5.25" masterpiece. (hence there is no barrel in the pic, just the AAC Phantom 9.

Attachments

• shortyar.jpg
    shortyar.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4,544

VUPDblue

"...think you used enough accessories there Butch...?"

Seriously, that thing has to weigh like 25#! Looks good, though.

Shadow6

lol...get that alot. but as soon as an operator handles my rig, they can't let go of it. weighs approx. 9.5 lbs (empty)...not that heavy for me. for ops, that particular muzzle brake comes off and my M42K goes on...:D

Shadow6

That is POF's FTA (Fast Target Acquisition) front sight. My EOTech cowitnesses with the FTA sight perfectly.

Sort of a blurry picture...
IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

TexasSIGMan

Bushy lower and 11.5" bbl.
LaRue mount for the Eotech and Troy irons.

LOVE the Noveske Krink on the SBR and I consider them a MUST HAVE unless you are going suppressed.

sbr.jpg

Lost River

Shadow 6

"step away from the xbox controller"

All you really need is a whitelight and a decent optic. I do not know who these "operators"are who were handling that thing were but the guys I roll with would likely laugh their butts off at a guy who showed up with that .

Here is a pic to seperate theory from reality:
Romainianoupost.jpg

Maser

Jeeeez Shadow6, that thing has more asscesories than a Swiss army knife. Still scores a 10 though on the coolness scale. ;)

Shadow6

Reality?

Lost River,

Finally got the time to respond to your post.

I guess if you post pics of yourself somewhere in SWA, that automatically qualifies you as an authority on "reality".

Wow...look at that...I can do that do.

mewithkids.jpg

palace.jpg

Talk about being imbedded...

locals-1.jpg

Don't know what you're definition of "decent" optics are, but the last time I checked the EOTech and Aimpoints were in the top 10%. The "white light" I have is a Surefire M900...but probably a piece of crap according to your standards...I dunno. That brake is on only at the range and is replaced by a Vortex or can during other times.

The other operators are members of SWAT teams and DEV Groups here on the east coast (both active and retired)...but what do they know, right?

I see the guys you "roll" with must've saved your ass by putting black-outs on the pic you posted...could've sworn when I first saw that pic, all the identifying marks of your location were plainly visible...that's pretty damn tactical. I think I have a pretty good idea where you're located...jeez!!! Guess they're starting to slack off at the SFAS program you attended.

Finally, I must apologize for not getting your approval on the final production of my weapon...don't know what I was thinking...what works for you automatically works for me...won't happen again, chief.

Stating all of this is pretty cheesy on a forum...let me know when you're in VA next time and we can talk it over with some beers.

Where ever you are, be safe...make it back home...and thanks for serving our country brother.

-Doc