Saw a New Sig Legion P226 DA/SA and A New Wilson Beretta Brig Tac 92G at an LGS/LGR

JDBerg

Today I saw a new Sig Legion P226 DA/SA and A new Wilson Beretta Brig Tac 92G at an LGS/LGR. The Legion was tagged at $1,149.00 and the Wilson Beretta 92G was actually $20.00 more at $1,169.00, go figure that!

I handled both of these side by side while I was waiting to shoot at the indoor range. This has to be one of the more difficult comparisons I've made, but I think based on the sights, the trigger, and the grip, I'd have to give an edge to the Legion. This is due at least in part with my longtime ownership and use of Sig "P" guns, this Legion is fantastic, the sights, trigger, and grip are just that much better than I can remember with any Sig Pistol I've either owned or tried out. There was just a bit of a camming feel to the DA trigger on the Beretta, but the Legion's DA trigger was smooth as butter! But I know I could easily live with either of these with no problem!

Pgfins

Legion is a fantastic firearm. Your right the da is soooo smooth, not a bit of stacking what so ever. The reset is just about perfect. I also am a P-series fan so admittedly have a bias. Never been a fan of the beratta da/sa controls set up. Quality firearm but you be hard pressed to convince me not to get the legion.

smee78

I'm sure they are both excellent weapons but at thoes prices I'm going to pass on them. I guess I just dont see the up grades being worth the price over a factory gun?

rt11002003

I'll have to take a look at that Legion. Since I regularly shoot SIG X-Series: X-5 L1 and X-6 L1 and occasionally shoot a SIG p210 6, the Legion will have tough competition. However, I always seem to be looking for another good SIG; who knows? Besides, I've been wanting to look at the SIG p320. Another good excuse to visit my LGS.

As to the Beretta, I bought myself one for my 78th birthday, two months ago. The Wilson Beretta Brigadier 92G, I got, had even more work done than the basic Wilson model. It was part of a LE contract purchase (SWAT team?). Believe me, it is night and day above a stock Beretta 92G. Worth the price? Who's to say. I'm more than pleased. :)