Savage parts

Midwayusa and Brownells don't have Savage bolt heads in stock, and Midway says "No Backorder." Is this the result of corporate ownership change? Will these parts become available in the future? I want to rebarrel a 22-250 and change to 204 Ruger. Thus, a 223 bolt head will be required. The Gunshack has these parts, so I'm thinking it would be prudent to just plow ahead and get the parts. The 22-250 barrel is shooting good at this point, but its over 2000 rounds, so remaining life is limited. Please opine about this.
Thanks!
Colorado Redneck

T. O'Heir

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/195-savage-bolt-heads
Gunshack is a lot less expensive though. Mind you, PT&G says Savage bolt heads will require 'truing' by a smithy.
Have a look at the length of the mag box too.
"...result of corporate ownership..." Not likely. No Backorder usually means Midway can't get whatever it is within a reasonable time.
"...over 2000 rounds, so remaining life is limited..." 2,000 round isn't much.

Thanks for the replies! EABCO will do the bolt conversion, parts + labor = $75. Not a bad price. That may be the best way to go. This isn't a pressing issue, but whenever accuracy degrades in the 22-250, it would rile my old Irish blood if it couldn't be changed to 204 Ruger because of corporate diddling.

RC20

PTG has been reported as spotty on the accuracy of their milling.

Seems to be a go to in gauges so not sure how common.