Savage Model 99 .308 w/Leupold Vari-X III 8.5-25x40mm

Just got a gorgeous, near mint Savage Model 99 chambered in 308 with Leupold mount and Leupold Vari-X III 8.5-25x40mm scope. Trying to decide if it's something I want to keep or not.

I'm usually a more tacti-cool type of guy, but this one is just so pretty. Do any of you guys have one of these?

:EDIT:
i'm with you guys who say too much scope. i broke off my only torque bit trying to get the rings open the other night. might have to invest in the tool from leupold.

I took it to my local gun shop. he told me it was worth $1100 without the scope. He would sell it for $995, but he would only give me $750 because you can't rifle hunt in OH. I plan on listing it on gunbroker with a starting bid of $800, unless any of you want to save me the trouble for $800 plus shipping to where ever you live. It does have the original box as well.

well guys, i decided to sell.

here is the auction:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=286147230

scope can be found here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120912474932?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

SOLD WITH BUY IT NOW FOR $1500!!!

savage99.jpg

Last edited:

Keg

Dan..nice gun...I like the clip feature... I would put a different scope on tho...It is too big....I prefer a 1.5x5 on this type gun....

I'm with you there. I actually tried taking it off last night, but my bit broke off inside the the screw head. I think I'm going to have to drill it out.

LSnSC

Take the Windage screws loose at the back and twist it off.

Ive got one in 300 Savage. Those things were made to deer hunt!

bamaranger

neat but

Dandy old rifle and last of the breed. But way over scoped to suit me. Most scope I'd put on that old boy would be a fixed 6x, likely the small bell version. And a fixed 4x would be very traditional.

There are no more 99's and I'd be inclined to keep it. Caliber is right, .308 is common and versatile.

I took it to my local gun shop. he told me it was worth $1100 without the scope. He would sell it for $995, but he would only give me $750 because you can't rifle hunt in OH. I plan on listing it on gunbroker with a starting bid of $800, unless any of you want to save me the trouble for $800 plus shipping to where ever you live. It does have the original box as well.

Hunter Customs

Sure wish I would have known sooner you were considering selling your rifle.
I have a sweetheart of a custom commander 1911 I would have considered trading, if you were so inclined.
Best Regards
Bob Hunter

raymondmorris

Grand Raptor II

Checking to see if you still have this Kimber for sale. Could you please let me know either way as I am in the market to purchase one. My cell is 785-220-3706.
Thanks,
Ray

Sorry. No. I sold the kimber months ago. not sure why you are asking about it on this thread tho.

to be entirely honest, i found the kimber to be a piece of trash. it was the most over priced hunk of junk in my collection. pretty tho.

Last edited: