Savage model 11 pre-accutrigger stock

VMUTH

Hi all, been looking for a while but coming up empty. I'd like to replace the original plastic stock with a nice wood stock. A nice curly maple with lots of fiddleback / tiger stripe. I've read that the curly maple stocks are a fraction of the cost of claro walnut stock.

Looking for a traditional contour / shape. Nothing tactical or thumb hole or tacticool or such. Just a plain old classic profile.

Been to the typical sites like boyds, stocky stocks, eabco, sharpshooters supply, etc.

Price is always a concern so value is important.

Looking for suggestions or if any of you have done this, pics and details please.

Thanks in advance.

Vmuth

Txhillbilly

If your good with your hands,and can do a little wood working,check out Richards. These are not finished stocks,they are inletted for your action,but you will have to do a good bit of sanding and shaping to the outside.

Richards gets a bad rap on the internet,but mainly from people that are expecting a finished product,and they clearly state their stocks are not finished.
They offer styles and shapes that you can't find anywhere else,and you can get several different grades of wood,depending on your budget.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/sporter_hunting_styles.htm

PawPaw

If I wanted something special, like fiddleback maple, I'd probably go with Richard's microfit as well. You'll have to finish it. I bought one for my Savage when I broke the stock, and while I wanted a simple working stock I was quite pleased with it. It did need a little additional inletting, but anyone with a modicum of shop-sense and standard tools can finish it in short order. After the small amount of inletting, I bedded the recoil lug, then finished the exterior with linseed oil. Just a standard, straigh-grained working stock. But, I like the way it came out.

sav110+02.jpg