Savage model 10BA??

healea11

Any one have any experience with this paticular model in 308? Think this is going to be my next rifle. Just want some feedback?

PawPaw

It's futuristic, and heavy. At over 13 lbs before scope or bipod, it should be steady.

However, I've noticed the large box magazine on that rifle. I had heard that Savage will preview a 10 round mag for their rifles, and sure enough, there it is. I wonder if this system will turn up on their other rifles. I'd like to see Savage compete with the Ruger Scout rifle and the addition of a 10 round detachable box would be just the ticket.

healea11

Im a Savage nut and own a few model 12's and love them. I like the idea of the large capacity magazine. I work in LE and think it would be a great gun to have. More than likely it will never5 see action other than down range at paper or steel.

jimja

I purchased one. It is heavy, I shoot with a bipod on bench and ground mat. My rifle is a tac driver. The modern look is a coversation starter with other tactical shooters.

riggins_83

It's a great rifle; I just feel considering it's a short action 308 you're better off with something in a long action cartridge such as the 300 Win mag or 338 Lapua version. Don't get me wrong, it's a great rifle... if I'm going to have something that heavy rather have a stronger cartridge.

saddlerocker

I think its ridiculous, but thats just my opinion

Spend half that and the gun will still probably out shoot the shooter

It's a great rifle; I just feel considering it's a short action 308 you're better off with something in a long action cartridge such as the 300 Win mag or 338 Lapua version. Don't get me wrong, it's a great rifle... if I'm going to have something that heavy rather have a stronger cartridge.

Shooting a heavy .308 is pleasant... There is no reason to go to another more powerful cartridge if the .308 does what he wants...

I think its ridiculous, but thats just my opinion

Spend half that and the gun will still probably out shoot the shooter

They aren't that expensive for how well they perform...