Savage Mark II 22lr reviews?

oldcars

Has anyone owned or spent much time with the accutrigger equiped Mark II's?I can get one at Bi-Mart with a wood stock (mark II bv) for $266. Are they accurate? reliable?

quack fiend

I have a new BV with a mueller 3-9x40 and suppressor, and it is accurate, also not too ammo-picky. Nice trigger. The factory mags suck, i had to bend the lips inward on mine to keep ammo from jumping out of it and causing jams during cycling. I also very much dislike the plastic triggerguard.

DonR101395

I bought one last year in the left hand variety. It's plenty accurate but isn't the most accurate I've ever shot. I had the same issue as the above post with the magazine. It's a fun little rifle. I put a 4X Bushnell on it.

rugerdude

A friend of mine has one that doesn't have the accutrigger and is bone-stock. His mag works fine for the record.

Anyway, it is an accurate and fun little gun. He had some extraction problems with his, and savage sent him a whole new extractor parts kit with no questions asked. It works fine now.

It is very accurate considering the price, but my Marlin 925 has always outshot it.

JAYBIRD78

Nephew just received one on last Christmas. I've shot it and its a fun little gun.
My only complaint is the magazine sticks out. Used to the ruger I guess.

Dave Markowitz

I have a pre-Accutrigger, left handed Mark II. With CCI .22 LR Subsonics and the crappy trigger, it'll group under a nickel at 50 yards from the bench.

One of these days I'll put in the Rifle Basix sear I bought and then it should really shoot well.