Savage Accutrigger poll

How do you feel about the Savage Accutrigger?

• Think it's great

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • It's ok but not really great.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • It's a trigger, so what. Didn't seem different to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's an accutrigger?

• Didn't care for it

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Hated it

• Total voters

Pahoo

It's all relative; For a factory trigger, it's very good and better than most commercially available rifles. For those who are into critical shooting, it's just "okay" or perhaps not okay. As an example, it's far better than a standard 10/22. But after doing a trigger job on that 10/22, it's not as good. The tigger blade is actually a trigger block or safety. There is is a trigger adjustment but it's not low enough for my tastes. It's shipped on the low end.
I certainly would recommend these rifles. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:

LateNightFlight

Edit: Remember also there's three types, or rather, three adustment ranges for Accu Triggers. There's 2 1/2 to 6 lbs. standard, and 1 1/2 lbs to 6 lbs. in the 12 Series Varmint and L/E rifles, and Target AccuTrigger, adjustable from approx 6 oz to 2.5 lbs, and you can order swaps between these.

Last edited:

223 shooter

For an out of the box trigger it is pretty darn good. Mine would not adjust to the advertised 1.5lbs but a crisp 2.25lbs is still superior to a lot of rifles. I eventually had Sharp Shooter Supply install one of their triggers which I like better. But for a lot of a shooters the Accu-Trigger will suit them just fine.

Abndoc

It took some getting used to, and there are better aftermarket triggers out there. One of the best things about it is that it has forced the other gun companies to rethink their lawyer triggers.