Savage 93 17HMR

Qtiphky

I have one of these and this past weekend my son picked the gun up and the bolt fell out the back. We couldn't see/find any pieces laying on the ground but now the bolt won't go back in. Anybody have this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Mobuck

If the rifle came with a manual-read it. If the rifle didn't come with a manual-get one.
I don't want to seem gruff but that's the best answer I could print.

wingman

I'm guessing gun is ok the 93 is more difficult then some IMO, the bolt must be correctly aligned with receiver and pull trigger as you insert bolt, page 5 of manual.

Qtiphky

Been there, done that

Have a manual, also looked at the online one, pulled trigger while trying to put bolt back in. It goes in until a certain point, past where you need to pull the trigger to allow it to enter, and then hangs up. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to go the last quarter to half inch.

Not a gunsmith and none around here, looks like I contact Savage and send it to them.

wingman

Once the bolt dropped out you somehow turned the bolt head to incorrect position, try to reposition head and pull trigger as you insert nothing else is necessary. Mine was also difficult but once you learn no problem....

igousigloo

Mine hangs up a little at that point also, I jiggle the bolt a little and all of a sudden it slides in. The safety needs to be off also.

rem44m

I think Wingman has your answer. The trick is lining it up correctly but just pull and hold the trigger and mess with it until it goes in.