Savage 220A 20 ga. rifle barrel.& German Walther P-38

mikenbarb

Need HELP finding rifle barrel for a savage 220A shotgun

I have a Savage model 220A 20 ga. single barrel and I am looking for A rifle barrel for it that they offered as an option back when. I contacted savage and they sold the rights to a company in Fla. and they dont have one at either place. Any info on where to get one for any deer size caliber. I have a great gunsmith so fitting isnt a problem. Also, I have a Walther P-38 9mm model ac-43. I looked in books and couldnt find any ac43 only numbers all around that one. It came to this country after WWII with my grandfather. he said it came off of a dead german officer. it has all of the german markings(Hitler era) Im not going to mention the markings but you could guess what im talking about. He put it in an original US embossed leahter holster that still has the leg wrap still wound as if new and never used. It is about 95%. Any idea what it is worth?

Last edited:

mikenbarb

Walther P-38

Nope, Dont want to sell, Just trying to get value for insurance. Got lots of granddads old guns. Im blowing the dust off them and trying to figure what their worth. Any info on a rifle barrel for a savage 220A 20 ga. shotgun?

Sagexx2

p-38 VALUE

I got mine off of a SS trooper,in WW2,all numbers matched,sold it years
ago,for $750.If your numbers all match,worth more today,hard to come by.

mikenbarb

P-38

Yes all of the numbers match and the gun is in 90% condition and it has all of the german nazi markings. I dont have the cappability to take pics on the crap computer I have but thanks for the info. Thanks Again.

mikenbarb

Walther PPK

I just came across another of gramps war guns and was wondering what the deal is on a walther PPK .25 auto. It seems to be in 98+ condition. Also it was a WWII handgun brought back from Germany. It also has a spare clip with it.

Jim Watson

Double check this gun.
Is it a real double action PPK, not one of the earlier Walther autos?
Is it marked 6.35, the metric designation for .25ACP?

If so, a PPK in .25 is RARE and much more valuable than .22, .32, or .380.

mikenbarb

PPK

Yes it is a double action and has metric caliber markings. and both clips have the gun number on them. I think it may have been a German backup gun for WWII. Also it has the german hitler era markings on the slide on the left hand side. Do you know an estimate on value? It is all original and never looks to have been fired. and it also has the factory dried up grease in the action and inside the grips.No rust dings or any other flaws. It looks like it just cameout of the box. Im not parting with gramps collection I just want to insure the proper value. Hopefully when im in the ground my kids wont sell his collection and they can be in the family for generations.

mikenbarb

Thats a great thing to know. I was thinking in the line of $500.00. Thanks so much. I will research further and keep you posted.

BADSBSNF81

Go to this website http://www.whog.org/ppk/history.htm. Read both parts for the history. It will give you the history of the PPK, examples of markings, proof marks, grip types, magazines and markings, etc.

With that information, I would suggest posting over at the site I mentiioned previously in their PPK forum. Someone should be able to help you. You will need to provide the SN so it can be dated.

It it possible your PPK was made pre-war. If so, it is rare as less than 500 made.

Last edited: