Savage 12FV on sale at Cabela

HankC1

$319 on sale now. Ordered one in 223. Can't go wrong at this price. 26" heavy barrel is heavy, but weight helps to be more stable and therefore accurate and reduce recoil. Savage also have a $100 rebate, but don't think applies on this Cabela exclusive model.

1stmar

I bought a savage 10TSR a couple of weeks ago from cabelas it was also on sale. I am still working on load development but haven't had a 5 shot group greater than .9 and virtually all are .4-.7". Ive used everything from 40gr up to 69gr. Settling in on 69gr and 53gr Sierra. Remarkably good shooter for $525. I would expect the same or better from the 12FV since the barrel is abit heavier I believe

1stmar

I believe you can get the rebate on that rifle which would make it an unbelievable deal at $219. Not sure if it's an accustock or not. Doesn't say it is but says the stock is pillar bedded.

2ndtimer

It is not an Accu-Stock, but the factory stock isn't horrible. At least the barrel was free floated on the .308 I bought for my son a year ago. If you can get the rebate from Savage, it is an unbelievable deal, and then use it to score a Boyd's laminated stock, that would be an incredible package for the price. Awfully tempting to order one in 6.5 Creedmore.

I jumped all over this and am waiting on the call that it has arrived. My local store was out of the 12FV in all chamberings. Not that, that was a surprise considering the price.
So, I ordered one in .308.

I happened to be in another store last May and I got whatever they call the one with the threaded barrel, detachable mag, 20 MOA rail, Accutrigger, Accustock ...........in 6.5 Creedmoor.
I went in there to LOOK at chassis rifles in 6.5 Creed, but when I saw the Accustock rifle on sale for $499, I bought one immediately. Have taken it out to 1200 yards several times and at 1000 quite a few times and it seems to shoot great. So based on this experience, when I saw the 12FVs on sale for $319 I instantly checked availability and ended up ordering one.

.308 isn't the best tool for long range shooting, but I own one .308 rifle that is a great shooter; problem is that I just don't like the rifle itself (Armalite AR30). I enjoy shooting .308 and liked to take two rifles to the range so when one barrel is cooling, I can keep shooting. I told myself that I was going to buy another .308 when the right oppotunity presented itself but it was just kind of a vague thought until I saw this deal.

T. O'Heir

End of Varmint season sale.
"...don't think applies on this Cabela exclusive model..." Yep. Site says it does. And a hunnert bucks is a hunnert bucks.