Savage 12 replacement stocks?

model70fan

Does anyone out there make a good, drop-in replacement stock for the Savage model 12? I'm new to Savages and have looked around and mainly all I can find are either custom stocks or stocks for the 10/110 series rifles. Are they interchangeable? I am looking for what they call a "sniper" style stock (or just a good quality replacement), would I be able to drop in a model 12 into a 10/110 series stock? Or, if that's not the case, does anyone know where to find good replacement stocks for the 12 series? Thanks in advance.

Bolosniper

The Savage short action (two digit model numbers, 10, 11,12, etc.) replacement stocks should all be able to work for you.

Jimro

Bell & Carson Carbelite stocks are good. Midwayusa had them on sale a while back.

Choate stocks are good as well if and only if they fit you.

Jimro

DnPRK

Bell and Carlson Medalist, and stockadegunstocks.com both have aluminum bedding blocks and are excellent if accuracy is your objective. I also have a factory BVSS laminated stock that is excellent.

shooter_john

I can whole-heartedly recommend the Bell & Carlson Duramaxx. I have 2 of my 3 Savage's in them now, and will be replacing the 3rd ASAP. Much sturdier than the factory stock, nice finish, etc. No complaints from me!