Savage 110 action vs Savage 111 action

Is there any difference between the Savage 110 short action and the Savage 111 short action.I want to buy a stock and don`t want to buy the wrong one.Thanks

ks_shooter

The short actions will be numbered Model 10 and Model 11. The Model 110 and 111 are long action. The Model 10 and Model 110 are Varmint series, and will have a heavier longer barrel, and no iron sights. The Model 11 and Model 111 are Hunter series and will have a shorter thinner taper barrel and iron sights. I have a Model 11 in .243 and really like it.

The Guy I bought it from said it was a short action.But he could be wrong.It is a .308 and on the gun it says Model 111.So are you saying it is a long action?Thanks for the reply.

ks_shooter

Savage introduced their short-action rifles only within the last 5 years or so. Prior to that all their rifles were long-action, even the .308 and .243. If the model number has three digits, 111, 110 etc., it is a long-action. If it has two digits, 11, 10, etc., it is a short action. Look at how much extra room you have in the magazine box or in the length of the bolt through with the .308, this should confirm that the Model 111 is a long action.

Ks,Thanks for all of your help.You are a life saver.I had this posted on 6 forums and you are the only one to answer my questions.Thanks again,Armond

ks_shooter

You're welcome. Glad I could help. If you want to hang out with some other Savage owners (and lovers) try varminthunters.com.