Savage 10FP Stock/Bottom Metal Interchangability

Powderman

OK...so, now I'm looking to put the finishing touches on my precision rifle.

It is a Savage 10FP-LE2A. This is a good, sturdy and ACCURATE rifle. Just went to school with it--the rifle was shooting just as well as the three AI .308 rifles that were in the course!

However, there was one thing in the course that made me stop and think---and that was the detachable magazine option. It makes sense--especially if I have to switch ammunition types unexpectedly. I don't have to mess around fishing rounds out of the blind magazine--simply drop one mag, insert the other, re-bolt once and I'm in there.

Now, the question...

I have noticed that different manufacturers make stocks that will accept the Savage rifles with detachable magazines.

1. Can I take the barreled receiver from my Choate Ultimate Varmint stock, and drop it into a stock cut for the DBM?

2. If I can do that, can I buy the bottom metal for it that makes it accept a detachable box magazine?

Fire away, folks! Thanks in advance.

Answer

Just get the Long action stock of whatever type from Choate.....It will give you the ability to use the short action savages with that drop down mtel mag peice or the bigger rounds.

If you are looking to order one just let me know I will get you a good price I am a dealer for those guys.

Ben