Savage 10FCM SCOUT 308 DBM

Lawyer Daggit

I have been thinking about getting one for a while as well.

They seem quite neat, have a longer barrel than the Ruger Frontier (16 1/4 inches I think is too short for a .308) and are far more economical than the Steyr.

psdan000

I say go for it...i just bought a savage 10FP in .308 with the 20" barrel and it is very accurate right out of the box. was able to pull off a 1/2" group at 100 yards with factory ammo. i love my remington's but i am now a firm believer in savage rifles...good luck with your new rifle:D

sholling

It's one I've been looking at too. I've come so close it's not funny to hitting that buy button so many times. I really like fact that the savage has both iron sights and a scope mount, but I just can't justify to myself it with all of the other rifles in my collection, plus I'm saving for a pre-Obama ban evil rifle. Good luck with it buddy!

GATMOG

Been drooling over that since last year--but I must hold off and get potentially banned items now :mad: just incase the commies win the election..

If the scout setup doesnt suit you, you can put a regular scope mount base on it and make it a traditional hunting rifle.. Versatility? You bet! :D

DPris

Member Emeritus
I have one of the originals. I'm not much of a boltgunner, but it & the Ruger are two of the three I do keep. Trigger's supposed to be better on the new one, and the detachable mag's been re-designed.
Denis