Savage 10 question

ronl

I am looking into possibly purchasing a slightly used Savage 10 20" rifle from a local gun shop in .223. How well do they shoot? Did Savage thread the barrel at the factory, as the one I'm looking at has a threaded muzzle.

JohnO

Had a 10FP in .223 several years ago, with a Sharp Shooter trigger. It shot 3 shot .5" groups at 100 yds.

Still have a model 10 HS Precision in .308 win. Just shot a 1.05" 3 shot group at 200 yds with it last Wed.

NESHOOTER

I am looking into possibly purchasing a slightly used Savage 10 20" rifle from a local gun shop in .223. How well do they shoot? Did Savage thread the barrel at the factory, as the one I'm looking at has a threaded muzzle.

If you have the savage model 10 with the med/heavy barrel 22'' barrel in mossyoak is the one I purchased and I do enjoy savage quality and accuracy does yours have the accu-trigger? Mine had a 22'' barrel and No I paid to have the barrel threaded to mount a suppressor. Make sure you put a flashhider on the threaded muzzle and also check the crown for any imperfections that could cause poor accuracy if your getting from a gunshop let them know if have any accuracy problems that you may need to have it recrowned. The stock is really weak and is free floated should be ok unless you try a bipod then the forearm stock flexes one could bed the stock I suppose.

Last edited: