Satellite imagery of your house!

Hiker

Just thought you guys might find this web site interesting http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ . It has high resolution imagery of a large portion of the earths surface. You can click on the map on the web site where you live and continue to zoom in until you see your house for alot of the U.S. I found my house and could see my old car in the driveway and my barbecue grill in the back yard! Makes you wonder what Uncle Sam is looking for.

Just food for thought.

Hiker

Thanks Hiker.

What a wonderful sight. I can now look into my neighbor's backyard and my own. I can see my laundry, and me cleaning all my evil black pre-ban as....never mind.

The photo of my area are dated and there's been quite a bit of development since I've gotten rid of, again, never mind.

Ed

You must be in an area that was recently photographed. My area was done in '93 and the resolution is not very good. My house wasn't here in '93, but I can barely pick out a couple of local landmarks and roads that give me an idea of where my house is now. Objects the size of houses show up fairly well on my area's photos, but something like a barbeque grill is not even visible.

Maybe Uncle Sam will make some new pictures of my area now that Eric Rudolph is supposed to hiding out a few miles from here. 200 Feds around here for a year with lots of choppers, planes, etc, but no Rudolph yet.

Kodiac

They are looking to see if that old car in your back yard is liscensed and tagged and if you paid your property tax on it!
And they were looking at your sweatheart sun bathing nude... :)
As the old joke goes:
"Got a nekked picture of your wife?"
"No."
"Wanna See One?"

Better Days...

Rob Pincus

My house is not covered either, but I did find the house I grew up in... and I swear I see a muzzle blast out at the old range!

------------------
-Essayons

Andy

I don't know if any of you guys have seen the movie Enemy of the State yet but its scary. Everything that they did in that movie as far as getting personal information and spying is possible. If you don't believe me give me $10,000 and I'll know more about you than you do :) Scary stuff.

Andy

DC

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not there either.

Anyone notice that the newer images are from the Soviet Space Program?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

DonL

DC, I noticed that as well. Interesting what we find out after glastnost. The resolution in my area wasn't high enough to see my actual building, but the mainstreets were easy enough to pick out. Cool sight.