Sat unfired since 1972......

mk70ss

Just picked up this Colt Lawman .357 at my local gun shop. It is new in the original box with all paperwork and unfired. Any marks on the gun, besides the slight turn line, are either my fingerprints, dust, or funky lighting.

Carmady

Congrats. That's in fine shape.

Not to derail, but that's exactly the first handgun I bought, even the year iirc. About $110 new.around 1972. I traded it on a Ruger Std 22 because the 357 ammo was about 1/2 day's pay at the time.

PzGren

Thanks, yes, it is. I got it in a three gun deal together with a Swiss P210-6, complete with the .22 conversion and the gun that I had answered the seller's ad for originally, an Anschutz 1422.

PzGren

They are German proof marks in the common place for revolvers. I am a licensed importer, which helps. I collect Anschutz 54 sporters, especially the rare Stutzen versions and shoot Swiss P210s but this one is virtually new in box, so the old one will probably see more use.

I am also a little reluctant to shoot that Python a lot beyond test firing it.

22-rimfire

Pretty nice Mark III Lawman. I would keep that one safe for a while. I have always been a Colt Diamondback affectionoto. A 22 Diamondback was my first good revolver that I purchased years ago. Shot good. Carried it in the woods a lot.

Kreyzhorse

There is zero reason not to shoot it. You can't take it with you, nor will it make you and your family obscenely rich.

Besides, if it's like my 1974 Cobra, it's one hell of a shooter.

CajunBass

That's nice. Especially with the box and such. A lot of people po-po the box's but I like to have them "just because." :)

I recently bought a Colt Detective Special from 1981 that was/is just beautiful. i honestly don't think it had ever been fired and I told myself I wasn't going to either, but I gave in. Good shooting little gun.

22-rimfire

Oh don’t worry, it’s going to get shot. I don’t own safe queens.
I understand. But why buy a Colt revolver in this condition and shoot it after it has been taken care of for years? I shoot the ones that show a little wear and if I don't want to collect it, I don't buy it.

This revolver won't make you rich 20 years from now however. But a lot of Colt collectors are looking for stuff like this in this condition.

mk70ss

I found it at my local gun shop, and have been looking for a Lawman in good condition for awhile with no success. This one was priced fair in my opinion to still buy and shoot. The gun was for sale at this shop for several weeks and no “collectors” bought it, so I did.