Sarah Brady on Larry King tonight...

Rob Pincus

So far one of the witness's parents says his biggest concern is "how did they amass such firepower".. christ....

Then Ed Bradely (network News Anchor) said that these things hanppen in rural areas because of the availability of firearms.. since people there have weapons in their homes and hunt more often than urban people.

SArah made the comment that kids shouyldn't have access to guns, so larry said, "But this just wasn't handguns...".. she countered with the not-too-insightful "We believe there we some handguns involved.."

Lt. Governor of Maryland really went out against guns.. calling for the NRA to "Do something"... specifically she called for "Child-Proof" guns... I can't wait to see her schematics on that...

Thank God Ed Bradely made the call that guns and knives can kill, but it is the people wielding them who have the problem...

Sarah recounted the lack of adult responsibility in that the kids had access to the guns...

The Maryland Lt. Governor said that guns cause crime, in that accessibility to guns encourages people to use them....

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited April 20, 1999).]

John/az2

This is an extract of an National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Army Lieutenant General Reinwald about sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop on his military installation.

Interviewer: "So, LTG Reinwald, what are you going to do with these young boys on their adventure holiday?"

LTG Reinwald: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting."

Interviewer: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible,isn't it?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the range."

Interviewer: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?"

LTG Reinwald: "I don't see how, we will be teaching them proper range discipline before they even touch a firearm."

Interviewer: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

LTG Reinwald: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?"

End of the interview

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
The interviewer had no reply to his query? I wish there was a video of that interview. I would have loved to have seen her expression!

Scott Evans

Staff Alumnus
John/az
I am amazed that was actually broadcast. An awesome response to an individual who obviously is not prepared to follow her assumption to a logical conclusion.

We are fast becoming a nation of fools. More and more apt to believe snippets of wishful thinking rather then put forth the mental effort to examine the end results of our assumptions. Such a society will not long endure the privilege of freedom.

David Schmidbauer

Retired Screen Name
Scott;

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."
- Adolf Hitler

Kind of says it all doesn't it.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by David Schmidbauer (edited April 21, 1999).]