SAR-1 back from AK-USA (pics)

M700

Just got my 2001 SAR-1 back from Chris at AK-USA (http://www.ak-103.com) and man, am I happy! I always loved the gun, but the finish and a few other things (trigger slap, canted gas block) bothered me from the start. I tried using Brownells Alumahyde II but it came out terrible (operator error I'm sure). Anyway...after seeing a couple of AK-103's that a friend of mine owns, I knew that's what I wanted done. So...off to Chris. I had him install one of his 74 style brakes (VERY nice), a Gordon Tech FCG, straighten the gas block, and refinish the whole gun in his black powder coat. Yeah I know...probably should have just bought a 103 from him but hey...why toss a perfectly good AK? Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with the work. The gun looks fantastic. The powder coat is VERY nice looking and seems quite durable, the brake makes the gun look alot meaner, and the trigger feels great. He even installed one of those little spacers on the back of the gas tube (between the tube and the reciever) that I never bothered to put on when I installed my KVAR furniature (oops!). The gas block is now straight as can be also. With shipping, I had the gun back in about a week and a half and Chris was a pleasure to deal with through the whole thing. He really does seem to love this stuff. Hell, he even wrapped the thing in wax type paper inside the hardcase I sent it to him in for the return trip. Well enough talking. Here's some pix. Thanks again Chris! (Please excuse the less than magazine quality pictures ;) )

full2.jpg

full1.jpg

brake2.jpg

Redlg155

Looks very nice.

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you?

Nothing wrong with mine, but I'd like to get the powder coat finish.

Good SHooting
RED

M700

The powder coating by itself is about $75 IIRC. Seems MUCH nicer than parkerizing. Send Chris an email or give him a call for a quote and time frame. He really is a very nice guy and happy to answer any questions.

Firepower@Ak-103.com
(941) 334-4231