Samson or Troy?

cjmorgan00

I have Sig 556 with the original fore arm and was wanting to upgrade to a railed one and was interested in the samson or troy rails. Which is better I know troy is a little cheaper in price but I want quality. Also will I be able to leave the original hooded fixed front sight on I kinda like it

AMX

I use both Samson and Troy on my AR's. They are so much alike I'd say get which ever one is cheaper.

Xanatos

Have you considered Daniel Defense? I find their railed fore ends far superior in quality compared to any other maker. They're usually also a few oz. lighter and their omega line is a free float drop in that comes with the only only tool you'll need to put it in (an allen wrench).

Xanatos

He meant Xanatos as in me! He was seconding my opinion that Daniel Defense was the way to go, not that Xanatos is a brand of railed fore ends :D

Personally I've only used GG&G and Daniel Defense. My first experience with the GG&G was that although once it was on my rifle it was amazing, but the hassle of wrestling that on my rifle made spending an extra $50 for the DD rails all the worthwhile.

Because of the $125 it took to actually get the GG&G rails on my gun I've yet to try another brand after the DD so I can't say either or with the Samsom and Troy, but what I can guarantee you is that you can't find anyone who wasn't satisfied with his DD rails and maybe consider the best rails you can get (unless you specifically need the features of the A.R.M.S. #56 or something like that).

wayne in boca

I have the Samson Star rails on my 556 and like them a lot.The front sight is untouched on a Samson,unlike a Troy.The Samson does use the bayonet lug ring as a fastening point.I believe the Troy does not.Samson customer service is beyond excellent.