Samaritan left to die

papercut

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=12015724&method=full&siteid=50143

SAMARITAN LEFT TO DIE

Victim tried to stop street fight
By Don Mackay

A SAMARITAN was left dead in the street after he tried to stop two women fighting yesterday.

The body of Anthony Hall, 41, was found outside a late-night shop.

Murder squad detectives were yesterday studying CCTV footage, and a post-mortem examination was being carried out to discover how he died.

Police cordoned off the area as they searched for clues.

Detective Chief Inspector Steve Dennis is seeking witnesses to the attack outside a Spa shop in St Leonards, East Sussex. He said: "The victim witnessed a fight between two women and was trying to seperate them.

"My team have viewed the video and it is clear that there were a number of people at the scene at the time." One woman was arrested and was being questioned by detectives.

A police spokesman said: "We were called to the incident outside the Spa shop at 1.20am."

A taxi driver was stabbed after stopping to help a stranded motorist on the outskirts of Salisbury.

Neil Sterry, in his 20s, was flagged down at Wilton by the driver of a light coloured vehicle late on Saturday night.

As he walked to the car he was attacked by the motorist and an accomplice who jumped from bushes.

His takings were stolen and the thugs drove off.

Mr Sterry suffered a punctured kidney but managed to stagger back to his cab to raise the alarm.

He was "comfortable" in Salisbury District Hospital last night.

gorlitsa

This just bugs me....

Samaritans were, in the Bible, a specific race of people who don't get mentioned much. I know the article is referring to a "good samaritan" as a reference to the parable, but they could at least put the word "good" in there.... I don't think there are any actual Samaritan people in the UK. :rolleyes:

This appears to be another Kitty Genoevse, however. But the police are still good enough to protect you...

Ben Swenson

Lies! You're talking about england there! There's no violent crime to speak of whatsoever!
*grin*
Well, there wouldn't be if cell phones were modified so they weren't profitable to steal but ...
(sorry Agricola, you just weren't chiming in) ;)