Sales guys......

Coop de Ville

How come every time I visit a gun store and say "Been thinking about getting an XXX."

The sales guy says "I have one and it's really great and yada yada."

Do these guys own everything? :rolleyes:

-Coop

mav88

same thing happened with me...ill go to a gunshop..with a special order in my head after doing research on the specific gun..then ill say "can you guys do the order/transfer for me?" theyll say what kinda gun is it..."oh its a m1 carbine or sks etc"..

usually the guys says "I have one of those..here take a look at it" :lol:

i guess they do have everything...

scorpion_tyr

Well I worked for a gunstore when I was fairly young, so I didn't own any firearms then, just got to play with them. If I worked at a gunstore again, at this point in my life I would not own everything. I've never really like Baby Eagles for some reason... nothing against them, just never wanted one. I would have everything else though.

same here. every time i mention a gun he tells me how he has taken one to the range and put a whole mag of rounds in a quarter sized hole at 25 feet. either this guy is an amazing shot or every gun that he sells is the cream of the crop.

bobn

in my late twenties i worked at the frontiersman. we litterly would fight over the good stuff. i lived in a tar paper shack with no electricity and no septic or water just so i could buy guns. what a moron. lol. bobn

kyle1974

I work with a guy that's not a gun store sales guy, but about hte biggest gun nut I've ever seen...

He's always saying that...

I was thinking about getting an AR30 in 338 lapua... he tells me "I've got one"

I asked him if he ever heard of the robinson arms assualt rifle.. "I've got one of those.

50 beauwolf... "I've got one of those"

It wasn't until I went to his house I realized he wasn't full of it! :eek:

PetahW

And then, there's those of us who've never been able to afford to keep more than a few guns at once, and so sold one or two to get another - thereby once owning or shooting or hunting with many, many different guns of all kinds, over the last 50 years.

IIRC, my running total's somewhere around 300 +/- .

B.N.Real

Because they are trying to SELL YOU A GUN.

Honestly when I hear too much experience the bs meter goes off the scale and my ability to hear them decreases rapidly.

Most of the gun guys I talk to are pretty knowledgable but you run into a few that need to stop proving how little they really know.