Sako

mooreshawnm

So last night a buddy from work stopped buy with his Sako .375. (Light gun, big bullet...I bet that'll wake you up in the morning!) Any way it was the first time I have handled a Sako and I was really impressed. Are these the excellent rifles they appear to be? I know/think they own Tika but I think Tika's rifles are ugly. This was a thing of beauty. Do they make 'em for left handers? In 6.5 Swede possibly? Let me know because I may have found my new love.

Scorch

Sako rifles are a thing of beauty. Not nearly as nice as they used to be, but still very nice. They cost a bit more than your average Remington, but are worth it if you like nice wood. I have not handled any of the newer Sakos, but they are not a light rifle, typically.

RT

My wife bought me a Sako 75 for Christmas last year. Talk about a suprise. She really did her homework. A thing of beauty-- the rifle and the wife.

Distortion

SAKO of Finland is a well known arms company that produces quality bolt-action hunting rifles.

They are currently owned by the Beretta Holding Corporation which also owns Beretta (obviously), Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, Burris Optics, and 20% of Browning Arms.

sserdlihc

I have a model 75 hunter ss/walnut. I have shot plenty of rifles but this one had the smoothest out of the box action I have ever had the pleasure of handling. Before I got the Sako I had (and still have) a Ruger M77 ss/composite. There is no comparison. I still shoot my ruger but I love my Sako.

5RWill

I have model 85 hunter .260rem and the wood is beautiful. Scorch is right they are not light. Mine's somewhere around 7-9lbs with scope. It's a camera phone if i had a good camera it would look 10 times better.
21axqvr.jpg

ri6s7d.jpg

2j43ip0.jpg

33yrs5i.jpg

Last edited:

mooreshawnm

When I say light I use it in relation to the massive round the thing shoots. It was lighter or should I say felt lighter than the garand and 1903 we had out to compare it to.

elkman06

It probably was considerably lighter than either of the two you mentioned.
Light= ease of carry = sore shoulder. Simple physics. Not enough mass to absorb the recoil. I have a Tikka T3 lite chambered in 300wm weighing in at 7lbs w/ the scope. Brutal on the range but didn't feel it on the elk I killed w/ it the last two years. Most of the popular hunting rifles are trending toward light.
Sako is a very nice, very well made rifle.
elkman06