Sako rifle questions and value?

milky7272

I have a chance to pick up a sako with a black micmilian stock in .338 win mag. Serial number is 610***av. I think it is also called a L61r. Any idea on value ? Call it say around 90% condition(it has been hunted with). I have always owned remingtons and have no idea as to quality or acuracy of these rifles.

300grains

It sounds like it´d be a Finnbear. Ì have owned this as a walnut stocked rifle. It was really accurate and well made. So if the price is right, buy.

I have moven to Sako 85 SS and Tikka T3 Lite SS. And sold my wooden ones. This not because I had to, just wanted new guns with synthetic stocks which also are lighter weight. This combination suites me.

woodguru

I had a Sako .338 win. it was easily the most rudely brutal kicking thing I have ever shot. I hate to sound like a pansy but that's the way it is, I shot three shots through it and was all done with it, sold it that day for what I paid for it.

I have had a few guys that have admitted that .338 is pretty harsh but magna porting helps.

If kick isn't an issue for you don't pay any attention to this, I have a recoil threshold that keeps me from shooting well, and it starts somewhere around .270.

The guy who sold it to me shot three 3 shot groups that were all touching, so it was a tack sledge hammer.

Cowboy_mo

Any idea of the value???

I was just searching Gunbroker on these guns. The lowest price I saw (various calibers) was around $700 and they went way up after that.

The reason I was searching them was because the rifle I rented from my PH in South Africa was a Sako Finnbear in .30-06. I absolutely loved and hated that rifle after 7 days of hunting. I loved it because it was very very accurate. From the bench sighting it in the day I arrived it put 2 rounds through the same hole. I say the rifle did it because I'm not that good very often. I killed 5 animals with that rifle and 4/5 were 1 shot kills. The last was a Zebra and it certainly wasn't the rifle's fault it took more lead to bring him down. But, that's a long story. AND, it was the softest recoiling .30-06 I ever fired. Partly because of the stock Sako uses and partly because it weighed probably around 10 lbs including the Leupold VX-3 that it sported.

I hated the rifle because it weighed probably around 10 lbs and schleping it around the bush all day was all this 57 year old wanted.

Hope I helped you out.......