Sako A7 Long Range

Saltydog235

Anyone got one or shot one? Any feedback on the basic A7 platform? Cabelas exclusive from what I understand. Wonder how it compares to a Sendero?

jehu

I have many Sako's but no A7. Anything made by Sako is much better built than anything made by Remmington, although the older Remmington's are better built than the newer ones. The A7 should shoot long range fine depending on the Cal., optics will be the key, I would recommend Nightforce.Excuse me I have to go find my flame suit!:rolleyes:

Saltydog235

AllenJ

Though I'm really not a fan of these polymer mags, must be some of the old traditionalist in me.

+1 for that. Only problem is I think we're going to see more and more of them in the future :mad:

lewwetzel

I have the short action Varmint version of that rifle. No complaints here, other than the, uh, polymer/metal magazine that lets the cartridges slip through the metal feed lips when they expand in hot weather. A dandy package with its DBM, aluminum block-bedded B&C stock and easily-adjusted (pull weight) trigger. Mine shoots so well with factory ammo that I just now bothered to order dies. Wish it came in stainless but that would be more $ and they are often on sale, as now. Might check the warranty responsibility, as there was an issue mentioned over on www.sakocollectors.com forum.
Fwiw: the A7 is considered a "low end" Sako and may elicit a few sneers from other Sako owners. More like an upscale Tikka and as good or better than anything Remington puts out now short of the Custom Shop, though.

Last edited: