Sako 85 eject problem

Chaparral

I saw a Sako 85 Finnlight that a guy was selling that I'd really like to purchase. After doing some reading and studying on the rifle I have seen a few posts that there is an eject problem with the spent shell casing. I read where people say the spent casing ejects straight up, hits the bottom of the scope, and falls back into the rifle. Does anyone have anything to say about this? I'd really like to purchase the rifle, but hearing this is deterring me.

old roper

For what I understand not all had the eject problem and only on fired case. Outside of marks on the scope no sure you could tell other than talk to owner.

sako2

Yes not all have the problem. From what I've read it is because of a loose extractor. Some say putting higher scopes rings on helped.

Chaparral

I think what I will do is take an empty brass casing, place it in the chamber, and eject it. That is probably the best way to determine how that particular rifle will act.

Erno86

Does it have SAKO rings and mounts?

I believe I have SAKO 1" diameter medium height rings on my Model 75.

sako2

The model 75 didn't have this problem. You might be able to cure it with a one piece base and different ring.

Scorch

I have seen this problem in my shop several times. In each case, the scope had a 30mm body and low rings. You can put a 1" scope on and get rid of the problem, or put higher rings on.