Saiga conversion

Yung.gunr

I was able to get a Saiga in .223 semi recently and I have started researching where to get parts for a conversion.

I have not decided yet if I'm going to move the trigger group forward or not. For those who did move it forward what do you think of the new trigger (assuming you got a new one and didn't just mod the original one)?

Right now I'm looking at Carolina Shooters Supply for parts/conversion kits. Are there any other good places for conversion parts?

surveyor

carolina shooters supply, mississippi auto arms, would be good starts..

on the x 39's to be 922 compliant its 4 parts, the easiest ones are trigger and furniture that way you can have any mag you want..

check to see if the 223s are diffrent remember its 10 or less foreign parts..

Last edited:

RedBowTies88

it is a HUGE improvement. Definitely do it. It's actually very easy as long as you have a dremel. took me less then 2 hours to complete.

I got all my parts from CSS.

seanc

Assuming you're talking about the Tapco G2 trigger. I love it. At 1st, I thought it was too light. Now, I want my SKS trigger to be more like that. The videos on CSS really helped get the conversion done.

Yung.gunr

Thanks a lot guys, I'm leaning more toward doing the new trigger. I liked the point of doing the trigger so you don't have to worry about where your magazine is made.
I will definitely have to check out the videos on CSS.

I went to the Saiga Forum and I have problems with the way it is set up. That's why I asked here first (my home forum).
I don't know if anyone else on here has gone to other forums but a lot of different ones seem more low brow in my opinion. A lot more rude language, Mall Ninjas and everything is Zombie Apocolypse & SHTF junk (not necessarily Saiga forum, but definitely others).