Saiga conversion

Beentown71

Anyone in Ohio that is familiar with converting a Saiga? I purchased one for my Father (retirement gift) and want to convert it for him. I am mechanically inclined but wanna do this right. It looks like something I could do myself without much issue but I am a bit intimidated doing it without guidance. Even if you know someone who does them I would appreciate the heads up. As I can pay someone to help me through the process. I wanna do it myself though. I know, kinda wierd request...

Thanks in advance,

Beentown

fletchlives67

I'm thinking about converting my Saiga 12 to the "cool" version too. Right now I would just be happy to find where I can buy a BHO (Bolt Hold Open) for my stock Saiga. Can't seem to find one anywhere in. Can anyone advise me of any online store selling these?

Wildboar

As was stated in e previous post, get a conversion kit from carolina shooters supply. They have video instruction on their website also. Pretty easy to install and better than spending the $400+ on one already converted.

fletchlives67

Saiga 12ga or 7.62 wasr?

I'll agree with amd6547, I'll take a tactical 12ga Saiga any day over a wasr 7.62 (depending on situation, like range..). The 12ga Saiga has devastating fire power!